Homemade Body Butter

KODE IKLAN ATAS ARTIKEL 336x280
KODE IKLAN TENGAH ARTIKEL
I am generally not someone who use any kind of cosmetics, including makeup, beauty products, hair dye or any such products. My features are part of my characteristics and make me what I am, and I don't like to change them to look like someone else. There are certain things that I have to do though living in this part of the country where it can get very dry during the winter, and hence I need to use a moisturizing cream. Most  of the commercial bath and body products have endless lists of ingredients out of which you will not even be able to understand half of them. Many are definitely not good for you, while some are harmful instead of being useful. I try to use natural and organic products as much as practical. There is nothing more luxurious than homemade bath and body products. 

We have been using pure organic coconut oil as a moisturizer, but I wanted something that is more creamier and with the scent of my preference.  Have been reading on many DIY sites on  making our own cream and I really wanted to give it a try. So here is my first attempt at it and it has been great so far. It is made with pure and wholesome ingredients, that this is quite edible :). I will provide updates as I keep improving this and create more varieties. 


Ingredients:
  • Organic virgin coconut oil - 1 cup 
  • Good quality pure Shea butter - 1/2 cup
  • Organic extra virgin olive oil - 1/2 cup 
  • Wheat germ oil - 1 Tbs
  • Pure rose essential oil - 20 -30 drops
Directions:
  • Melt coconut oil and Shea butter by keeping them in a warm water bath. Melt just enough so that you can mix them together well. 
  • Add the melted coconut oil, Shea butter, olive oil and wheat germ oil in a large mixing bowl. 
  • Add the essential oil and stir  well.
  • At this point if you feel the mixture is too 'liquidy', keep refrigerated till it is semi solid.
  • Using a electric hand mixture whip this mixture till it is nice and creamy. 
  • Transfer to a container, store in a cool dry place preferably where it does not go above 60-65 deg F
  • Enjoy pampering yourself with your own homemade body butter. Little goes a long way, this is on an average enough for about a month. 

Notes: 
  • You can change the fats and oils, just keep in mind to have a 3:1 solid to liquid ratio. Cacao butter is a good, but expensive substitute for Shea butter, so is almond oil in place of olive oil :)
  • You can substitute wheat germ oil with any other vitamin E rich oil. 
  • You can use any preferred essential oil like sandalwood, lavender, orange, peppermint etc.
  • Please store in a cool place so the texture remains creamy and do not start melting.

KODE IKLAN BAWAH ARTIKEL
close