Spiced Hot Apple Cider

KODE IKLAN ATAS ARTIKEL 336x280
KODE IKLAN TENGAH ARTIKEL
My son has been asking me to make this hot cider that he had at school. I kept denying because I was not going to cook apple, since cooking will get rid of all vitamin C, and more nutrients might be lost during straining of the pulp. This apple season though, I thought of making it once for his sake. I have to say I am totally sold. The infused spices along with the mildly sweet, sour & crisp apples makes it a perfect formula for a fall evening. I am not claiming this to be a totally quick'n'healthy drink, but if you live in the New England area, and enjoy the fall season, then you definitely should give this a try :). It is so soothing and can be had anytime of the day, best for a cool evening. 




Ingredients:
  • Apples - 3 (I used 3 different kinds Empire, Gala and Mutsu)
  • Raisins - a small handful
  • Cinnamon stick - 1(crushed)
  • Cloves - 4-5
  • Ginger - 2 Tbs
  • Filtered water - 3 cups
Directions:
  • Add cubed apples, along with the spices, raisins and water into a soup pot or pressure cooker. Cook till apple is cooked just enough.
  • Once cooled down, run everything coarsely using a blender.
  • Pass thru a nut milk bag or a cheese cloth and squeeze out the juice.
  • Serve warm.
  • This makes 4 to 5 servings. Enjoy !! 

KODE IKLAN BAWAH ARTIKEL
close