Long Beans Leaf Stir Fry (Payar Ila Thoran)

KODE IKLAN ATAS ARTIKEL 336x280
KODE IKLAN TENGAH ARTIKEL
This summer is special at the quicknhealthy kitchen because this is the first time we have tried our hand at kitchen gardening, in a small way. Till recently I used to attribute good garden to 'green thumb' and I assumed that I did not have it in me. Well, now I know that green thumb is just another way to describe love, care and patience :-). So we have a small kitchen garden with a couple of tomato plants, okra, red amaranth and a few long beans creepers. Long beans is one of my favorite vegetables and I am so happy and proud to have grown them in my backyard. 

Long beans greens are edible too, tender leaves are especially nice. Long beans greens stir fry (payar ila thoran a.k.a chappupperi) is one of the long lost treasures of my native place Wynad, a pristine and beautiful place on the western ghats of Kerala. I am kind of rediscovering that old memory and the taste with this recipe.



Ingredients:
  • Long bean leaves
KODE IKLAN BAWAH ARTIKEL
close